Here's two numbers I find interesting:
- 97 percent of pet owners believe nutrition is important for pet health and well-being.
- 55 percent of pet owners say nutrition is the most important factor for pet health.
A good dog food should not be so full of fillers. It should have high-quality protein. It should be properly balanced in terms of vitamins and minerals.
The good news is many pet owners are moving to better quality foods. So now is a good time to talk about the sponsor of the infographic.
First, a word about the sponsors of the survey, Natural Balance. They've come out with a new pet food line called "Original Ultra Whole Body Health."
The new line includes a gluten-free formula for both dogs and cats. It focuses on seven key areas:
1. Supports Neural Development: Formulated with optimal levels of DHA EPA from marine sources to support an active, healthy brain.
2. Supports Healthy Skin & Coat: Balanced Omega‐6 and Omega‐3 ratios support healthy skin and a luxurious coat.
3. Digestive Support: Using multipl types of fibers – fruits & grains – our unique fiber layering system helps maintain healthy digestion.
4. Healthy Muscle Development: Quality proteins to help support healthy muscle, important at any age.
5. Antioxidant Nutrients: Our proprietary blend of antioxidant nutrients helps maintain a healthy immune system.
6. Strong & Healthy Bones and Teeth: Proper levels of calcium and phosphorus maintain strong bones for all that fetching and playing.
7. Helps Maintain Healthy Heart & Eyes: Added taurine for healthy heart and eye function.
Natural Balance uses chicken, chicken meal and duck meal, or venison, turkey meal and lamb meal for its Original Ultra Whole Body Health varieties. And among the ingredients is brown rice, oats, potatoes, pea protein, blueberries, cranberries, carrots and flaxseed.
The food is for puppies through seniors. Here's why Natural Balance does that:
In Nature, your pets would not have the choice of puppy or kitten formulas; they would simply live on a diet of mostly meat and and some grain. In a natural free environment, animals instinctively eat more or less, depending on their age and activity level. Puppies will require a higher caloric intake than an adult, therefore we suggest feeding puppies, up to 6 months of age, two or three times a day. Natural Balance Products are scientifically formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition for all stages of your pet's life. We recommend that you do not add vitamins, minerals or any other supplements, except upon the advice of a veterinarian.Interested in trying it for your dog or cat? Here's you chance at a coupon.
“Click here to download a coupon for $3 off the Original Ultra Whole Body Health dry formulas. Act quickly as the coupon expires December 31.”
And for more updated and promotions from Natural Balance, like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter.