I find this to be ironic.
You see, it's common knowledge that zombies die when you decapitate them. But it is damn-near impossible to decapitate a Go Dog Zombiez toy!
Go Dog, by Quaker Pet Group, is a line of durable doggy toys. Some crinkle, some squeak, some do both. They come in various sizes, and they are pretty tough toys.
And in a moment, I'll tell you how to win one!
Lulu's been trying to rip the squeaker out of this Go Dog platypus for a couple months now, with no luck.
But these Zombiez don't look like anything from "The Walking Dead." They are actually kinda cute, in an undead way.
I won't say the toys are indestructible. A friend of mine at Pet Age magazine said her dog was able to destroy a Go Dog.
But I gave my Zombiez (named Frostbite Fred, btw) to not only Lulu....
So far so good for ol' Frostbite Fred.
There are seven different Zombiez -- four plush and three flat crinkly ones (they're called crawlers). They come in two sizes -- small and large. While the small have squeakers, the large ones have what they call "grunters."
The squeakers also "float" through the toy, so it takes dogs longer to rip them out. Which they shouldn't be able to do with a Go Dog anyway.
Go Dog Zombiez Pros:
- Floating squeaker makes dogs work extra to get that noisy thing
- Comes in two sizes for big and small dogs
Go Dog Zombiez Cons:
- Not easy to find. I got mine at Petco, and they are available through Amazon. But not at PetSmart, and not at Petco online. Quaker does also sell them to boutique stores
- Durable but not indestructible
- The Zombiez toys are kind of awkward for the dogs to grab. I noticed while playing that the dogs avoided the head of the toy because it was so big. They size of the head versus the "neck" may make it easy for dogs to rip it off, but again I have not had that problem.
NOW -- TIME FOR THE GIVEAWAY!
Quaker is giving away three Zombiez toys -- so three chances to win!
We will be using Rafflecopter to count the entries and choose the winner. The contest ends on Halloween!
Mandatory entry: In the comments section, Tell us how you include your dog in Halloween festivities! It could be a costume, or a spooky bandana, or just joining in on Trick-or-Treating or other activities. Or maybe your dog doesn't do Halloween -- tell us that too.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 year or older to enter. Contest is open to US residents only. You must leave a comment at the end of the post to be entered to win. Contest opens Wednesday, Oct. 16, and ends Thursday, Oct. 31. Three people will each win a Go Dog Zombiez toy, which they will receive from Quaker Pet Group. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
a Rafflecopter giveaway